2. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Specifically BlueScope Steel collects the following information from its Internet site:
2.1 STATISTICAL INFORMATION
BlueScope Steel collects statistical information regarding the use of the ENDUROFRAME™ website. This collection includes your computer's Internet Protocol (IP) address and the date and time of your visit. This information is collected to provide BlueScope Steel with information about the use of its site and to help it maintain and develop the site to provide better information to users.
2.2 REQUESTED PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may be requested to provide BlueScope Steel with personal information including your contact details. Personal information will only be requested if it is necessary to provide a service to you or if it is necessary by law. Such a request may arise if you ask BlueScope Steel to provide you with information or provide you with a product.
In this instance you should read BlueScope Steel's Use and Disclosure policy in clause 3.
3. USE AND DISCLOSURE
BlueScope Steel will not use or disclose, and will use reasonable endeavours to prevent the use or disclosure of, information provided by a user of the ENDUROFRAME™ website for a purpose other than the primary purpose of collection (a 'secondary purpose'), except to the extent:
· that the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection and that you would reasonably expect BlueScope Steel to use or disclose the information for the secondary purpose (for example, the provision of your information to a supplier of BlueScope Steel products where you have requested such a product to be supplied);
· that you have consented to the use of the information for the secondary purpose;
· that information provided by you, including information relating to transactions, may appear in aggregate form for the purpose of providing statistical information within BlueScope Steel or to third parties. This information will not identify you;
· necessary in order to enforce any of the terms of an agreement between you and BlueScope Steel;
· that BlueScope Steel has reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in, and uses or discloses the personal information as a necessary part of its investigation of the matter or in reporting its concerns to relevant persons or authorities;
· required or specifically authorised by law;
· provided in co-operation with any governmental authority
4. ACCESS AND CORRECTION
4.1 Where BlueScope Steel collects personal information from you, we will provide you with access to your personal information at your request except to the extent that:
(1) the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
(2) providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
(3) the information relates to existing legal dispute resolution proceedings between you and BlueScope Steel, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings; or
(4) providing access would reveal the intentions of BlueScope Steel in relation to negotiations with you in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations.
4.2 Where personal information about you is found to be incorrect, incomplete or out of date, BlueScope Steel will correct, update, erase or amend the information as appropriate.
5. LINKS FROM THIS SITE
BlueScope Steel takes all reasonable security measures to protect personal information from loss, unauthorised access, destruction, misuse, modification or disclosure. As far as permissible under law, BlueScope Steel accepts no responsibility for the unauthorised access of personal information held by BlueScope Steel.
8. FEEDBACK, QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS
BlueScope Steel Limited ABN 16 000 011 058